Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thing 22

I created a wiki for myself and the members of the CMA Creativity House.  The purpose of my wiki is to provide a common place for our group to collaborate and plan our curriculum for the upcoming school year.  You can find my wiki at http://cma-creativity-house.wikispaces.com/ .  On my wiki I provided links to Curriculum Crafter and GLCE websites.  With these tools, we are going to be well on our way to a great school year.

I think a wiki is a great tool, especially if it is difficult for a large group of people to meet at the same time.  One concern I have is since group members can edit material that is posted, someone's feelings might be hurt if they didn't agree with the change.  Overall, I think it is going to be a valuable planning tool. 

A wiki is different from a blog because members can alter the original content of the post, where as in blogs, members can only comment on post.  I think wikis are appropriate when working with a group of people on a common task and blogs are for sharing thoughts, opinions and information.  Blogs tend to be more conversational where as wikis are more interactive.

1 comment:

  1. I think the wiki will be a great tool for the group. There may be some differences of opinions, but that can lead to more thought, discussion and collaboration.

    ReplyDelete