Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thing 23!!!!!

I made it!!!!! What an amazing journey! One major way I have changed from Thing 1 to 23 is how I view the Internet.  In the beginning, I felt as if the Internet was merely a place to gather information or send an e-mail .  Now I realize how much we can communicate with others via the Internet.  I view the digital world as a new frontier of communication and learning about others.  My plans in my classroom for the following school year are to create a classroom blog as a communication tool with parents and students, I plan to utilize my wiki with my fellow grade level teachers and I am going to attempt a blog or wiki with a literature circle book.  I will continue to learn about Web 2.0 by looking for staff development opportunities.  My big take away from this course is that our world is changing rapidly and we need to stay current with these changes to help prepare our students for adulthood. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It was quite an experience, wasn't it? I hope our students become more involved in the blogs and wikis we use for the classroom. This year, Kim and I did not even have one response from students or parents on our classroom blog. There is no access for blogs or wikis at school, so they are expected to access it at home. I think the problem lies in tempting the kids and parents to try out this new system of communication. It will be fun to brainstorm ideas on how to get more participation. If you have any ideas, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Joanne! I have enjoyed following your journey and look forward to sharing in your new adventure of implementing technology in your classroom. Your blog has many great ideas of how you wish to do so.

    Who knew that there was so much free and useful tools out there?

    ReplyDelete